Delta Chi Philanthropy
Through philanthropy, we help our community and strengthen our Brotherhood. Community service is an essential component of our Chapter of the Delta Chi Fraternity.
The Jimmy V Foundation
In addition to community service, Delta Chi financially supports the Jimmy V Foundation for cancer research through charitable donations. Find out more about The Jimmy V Foundation and Delta Chi National Philanthropy.
Our Chapter’s Events
Each year our chapter hosts and participates in a wide variety of events involving both campus and the surrounding community. Some of these events include:
- Hoops for Hope – Our chapter teams up with Tau Lambda Sigma to host a 3 v 3 basketball tournament on campus each year. The proceeds of this event are split between the Jimmy V Foundation and the American Cancer Society.
- The Big Event – Every year, members of our chapter, as well as numerous Truman Students, go out into the Kirksville community and assist those who cannot help themselves. In past years we have raked leaves, moved furniture and even helped move bricks.
- Philanthro-Pies – This year, our homecoming team set up tables on the quad and encouraged students and faculty of Truman State to donate $1 to throw a shaving cream pie at a member of our team. The proceeds from this event went to The Scotland Clark Project to help local families struggling with child illness.
- Pelta-chi – Our chapter sets up tables on the quad on a very cold winter day. Students and faculty are encouraged to pelt a brother with a water balloon in exchange for a donation to the Jimmy V Foundation.
- Another way we serve is by participating in the Missouri Adopt a Highway Program. Every semester our brothers help clean a beautiful stretch of Missouri Highway 63.